Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Like sands through the hour glass

2006



2010

I'm endlessly fascinated with how time just keeps marching on. I feel grateful for it. I feel grateful for change. I feel grateful to know that I don't have to be the same person today I was yesterday. I guess you can say I am into the whole "hopey-changey" thing. Let the winds of change blow and thrash and wreak a little bit of havoc. Let them knock over the trash cans and blow the lids down the street. I'll either find them again or get new lids. It's all good. Just please, oh please, don't let change come to an end. Stagnation, bad. Same-old-same-old, bad. Let the change come, blow, roll, and swirl and I will swirl and twirl and change along with it.




6 comments:

  1. I am not a big fan of change! But change doesn't care...
    Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these pictures.
    Fine, I'll have change...doesn't mean I'm going to enjoy it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are just BEGGING for trouble, sistah. Knock on wood. NOW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know what I wish didn't change?
    I wish you never stopped your Target posts. You know the ones where you went through the Target ad?
    Yeah.
    I liked those.
    I also like the one where your sister's family did the smooth criminal lip sync. I think you should have your readers video tape themselves doing that and send them to you.
    Not that you should care what I think, but I just had to get that off my chest. It was very heavy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Change can be good. Especially when you change your sheets. One of my favorite things: fresh sheets.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pictures. I'm in the middle of change right now. It's scary but exciting at the same time. I'm slowing getting ready to jump in.

    ReplyDelete

I see you sitting there. Leave a comment.