....and I'm not quite ready for it.
I've been invited to be a guest co-host for a techie-type radio show this week. What I lack in knowledge of the subject, I will more than make up for in charisma. The other hosts, Adam Cochran and Rick Castellini have no idea of the pandoras box they are about to open putting a microphone in front my mouth.
It's been my personal philosophy in life to take advantage of every offered experience and not let my insecurity get in my way. That being said, I do have few reservations and/or questions on what to expect and how to prepare for my first radio gig:
1. Can I bring refreshments into the box?
2. Is it a box or booth or sound room or studio?
3. Do I have to wear the headphones? I'm afraid they'll crush the do.
4. Can I give "shout-outs?" Holla to my homies!
5. Will there be bathroom breaks?
6. Is techie spelled with a "y" or "ie"?
7. What is the difference between a "techy(ie) and a computer geek?
8. If I faint will my co-hosts seek immediate medical attention or will they wait until the show is over?
9. Does this gig include dental coverage?
10. Does Sean Hannity know that I will be in direct competition with his time slot and does he care?
I'll answer this one... I don't think so.
To listen to my talk radio debut online, go to kafmradio.org this Wednesday from noon-1 p.m MST.