Thursday, November 1, 2007

And just like that... October is over.



Despite my love for all things October, I am a little relieved to see it go. It was a busy, fun-filled month. We couldn't have asked for better weather last night. No jackets required over the Halloween costumes. Somehow Mini Me ended up with more candy than "her boys". I think people must of have seen that cute little Indian fairy and gave her two fistfulls of candy, instead of one.

So, now it's November. I have two big events coming up.

I was decompressing on my couch Sunday evening after a very successful Primary program. It couldn't have gone any better. The children did a wonderful job. Then, the phone rang. It was the Stake President. I thought, "Oh crap! What mother called and threatened to leave the church because her kid didn't get a part this year?" Thankfully, that was not the case. He was just calling to ask me to give a 10 minute talk at Stake Conference. Speaking in front of 500+ people stresses me out less than preparing a program for 91 children, because my success or failure depends solely on me and not 91 children and their well-meaning mothers. Wish me luck.

We will also be spending Thanksgiving in L.A. with Secret Agent Man's family. We are all excited. It will be the first long distance trip for the Pacifica and more importantly, I DON'T HAVE TO COOK! WOOT!

21 comments:

  1. Love the costumes!

    LUCKY! This is the first year I HAVE to cook!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woot woot!!
    I love the googly eyes. :)

    Good luck with your talk. You'll do awesome, because YOU are ANNIE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute costumes!! I especially love the eyes. ;)

    Good luck with your talk. Personally I would be a little, okay A LOT freaked out. I am sure you will be great though.

    How fun to go to L.A. for Thanksgiving! Sunshine and turkey!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awsome Costumes! Lucky you! No cooking, and a fun trip! Hurray!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww what cute cute children, and that Indian Fairy is adorable.

    When is your Stake Conference? Best of luck. I know you'll do great.

    Wel'll be spending Thanksgiving in Las Vegas with familia. This means we'll only be a few hours apart :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those costumes rock.

    Good luck on your talk. That would certainly freak me out. Of course I have never had to do the Primary Program, just sit with little sunbeams and sing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute cute costumes!

    I totally share your feelings on October - fun and BUSY! Yeah for being done with the primary program! Good luck at Stake Conference.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those costumes are the bomb dot com!

    I bet you will give such a great talk...don't be worried!! :)

    California?! Lucccky!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cool. However did you make those eyeballs???

    ReplyDelete
  11. The kids look great in their costumes, and I love the funny googly eyeballs! :)

    We had our Primary Program Sunday, too! I didn't have to plan it...I'm just the chorister, but it was a blast for me because we sang 23 songs...crazy! :0

    I'm certain you'll give a wonderful talk! That would terrify me, because I pretty much stink at talks, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think you should just get up there and do a couple songs (a la car video), Payney. You know you would look so good that people would 'feel' the intent of your message. There wouldn't be a dry eye in the house. I double dog dare ya'.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Have I ever mentioned that your children have the most beautiful eyes I have ever seen! ;)

    Cuteness! :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Annie, I don't mean to be intrusive, but, well... maybe your children shoud see an ophthamologist

    ReplyDelete
  15. Not having to cook is always a great thing! Your kids look so cute! Good for Mini Me, for getting extra candy.

    Um, Annie, I think that you may need to have your kids' eyes checked out by a doctor... I'm just sayin'! :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh shoot, I just saw that I copied Jean Knee's comment and now mine is lame! :(

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ugg, a Stake Conference talk. It takes a special kind of lady, I bet you'll do well.

    Love the costumes, and I am SO glad October is over!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The kids look great!!
    LA is an hour and a half from here... but we will be in Idaho for Thanksgiving! Maybe the next time you head this way we can meet up for lunch or something! I hope you have a fun time :)
    And good luck with your talk

    ReplyDelete
  19. The Indian Fairy idea is awesome! It's amazing what you can do with some of the random clothes you have around the house. Has she been able to successfully defend her bulging bag of candy from her brothers? I remember when I was a kid we would always go looking for everyone else's hidden candy bags and glut ourselves. Maybe your kids are nicer than we were...

    ReplyDelete
  20. 91?? We had 76 and I thought that was a lot! Good luck with the talk.

    Your kids look cute. Love the google eyes. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Annie.....Queen Of Fruita.....and Ruler Of All Things Churchy and Stuff.

    ReplyDelete

I see you sitting there. Leave a comment.