Tuesday, April 29, 2008

And just like that, it's over.

I couldn't have asked for anything more out of my vacation. Having a Secret Agent Man for a husband really paid off on the trip home.

Our suitcase weighed 15 pounds heavier on return than it did on arrival. Can anyone say "chocolate-covered macadamias?" The airline rep told us that it would cost an extra $80.00 to check the suitcase. S.A.M nicely agreed, I don't think they were asking permission. When the rep tried to apply the charge, the computer wouldn't take it, because the computer knew something she didn't, she asked, "Mr. Secret Agent Man, are you a Gold Medallion?"

He replied, "Why, yes I am."

The rep, "I am sorry, Mr. Secret Agent Man, Gold Medallions don't have to have to pay extra for over-weight bags."

Me, in my head, "I should say not!! Who are you calling an over-weight bag, you snipe?!"

Minutes later when we arrived at Security there was a long line.

Me, in my head again, " Sigh. I hate waiting."

S.A.M then pointed out that there was an express lane through Security for "The Golds." Hooray! I wonder if heaven is like this?

When we arrived at our gate we were called up to the desk, "Mr. and Mrs. Secret Agent Man, we are trying to accomodate some extra passengers. Would you mind if we moved you up to First Class?"

In my head, "Woot! Woot! Righteous livin'! Oh yeah!"

S.A.M said, "That will be fine."


(more pics later, the usb cord ain't a workin')

22 comments:

  1. FIRST! Who loves you mostest??

    ReplyDelete
  2. SAM rocks. Can we take him with us on our next vacation??

    PS. I'm glad you made it home safely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SAM is so blase.
    "That would be fine".
    I have flown first class once in my life. You know what? I got there the same time as everyone else. The only thing was I got a warm washcloth--it wasn't like I was going to enjoy the free alcohol just 'cause it was free.
    I'm short. I don't need extra leg room. The potties are still too small and freaky if there's unexpected turbulence.
    Glad you're home safe and sound!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can we schedule SAM for our next plane flight?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think My DH is a Gold guy too:) but when I have the trouble is when I travel alone w/ all my high maintenance stuff ----- go go first class

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah! GOLD!!!!
    Gold is #1.

    I'm glad even the end of your fabulous trip was awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for Gold Medallions! I'll bet it felt great to be treated like that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay for S.A.M.! That is so awesome!

    I'm glad your had such a wonderful trip. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Secret Agent Man - don't leave home without him.

    FWIW - I have your SAME SUNGLASSES! Clearly, we are destined to be BFFs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. well. for it being over, you certainly got the sweet treatment. welcome back to the land of the tanless.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So that's where all of my good luck and good fortune went! You were in line in heaven before me and they somehow gave you mine and yours!!

    I WANT MINE BACK!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's my dream trip through the airport. Go SAM!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow... first class. That IS righteous.

    ReplyDelete
  14. "Who are you calling an over-weight bag, you snipe?!"
    THAT made me laugh.
    Welcome home.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have a shiny gold shirt I could wear at the airport....would you still stand by me if I wore it?

    ReplyDelete
  16. "Hooray! I wonder if heaven is like this?" I think that only holds true if you're on the arm of SAM, he's got all the sweet hook ups.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds like the best vacation EVER!! yeah
    I got your cute postcard and it made my day :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you for the lovely postcard and birthday wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The cost of Gold is steep, but the benefits are priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  20. (Secretly hoping Ted is a Secret Agent Man and I just don't know it yet)

    ReplyDelete
  21. OH...MY...GOODNESS! You do live a charmed life, my dear! :D

    ReplyDelete

I see you sitting there. Leave a comment.